Position: Laundry Attendant
Total Vacancy: 7 Male/Female
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Receives clothing and articles from customers.
• Sorts, classifies and processes the soiled articles.
• Inspects soiled/stained articles and determines the removal methods and processes according to policies and procedures.
• Prepares soap, starch, bluing, bleaching, and other washing solutions.
• Determines the proper washroom formula to apply in a particular run and adds formula to the washing.
• Operates heavy laundry equipment and machinery such as washers, starch cookers, extractors, tumblers, sterilizers, presses and flatwork ironers.
• Loads and unloads articles into and out of the machines.
• Cleans, oils, and makes adjustments and minor repairs to laundry equipment and machinery.
• Sorts out the clean articles according to customers’ requests.
• Stores, arranges and keeps inventory of the clean articles inside the store in a systematic manner.
• Locates and dispatches the correct clean articles to customers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Between 28 and 35 years old with good mathematical skills.
• Good personal cleanliness and hygiene is preferred.
• Two (2) years of working experience in a laundry.
• This experience must include the operation of laundry equipment and machinery.
• Possess good communication skills and able to respond to customers in a timely manner.
• Possess basic knowledge of general laundry practices and methods and the ability to distinguish different fabric types.
• Possess basic knowledge of principles, procedures and equipment used in washroom operations in a laundry;
- use of chemicals in spot and stain removal;
- safety and sanitation measures used in the operation, cleaning, and care of laundry equipment and work areas;
- preparation and use of disinfectant compounds.
• Possess great stamina to stand for prolonged period and great strength and agility to load, unload and operate industrial capacity laundry machines.
• Able to work in a warm and noisy environment.
• Not suitable for people suffering from allergies, breathing problems or skin complaints.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 28 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 350 / Month
Employment Type: Part Time/Full Time
Closing date: 12/05/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !