Position: Laundry Manager
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of Role:
To provide an efficient and safe Hotel laundry facility where guests are provided with the best available service and to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of uniforms, linen and terry items.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
• Ensure that the Laundry Department is attended according to business demands
• Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate end efficient ma
• Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules weekly, adhering to budget goals
• Leading the department staff, including involvement in selection process, training, scheduling, assigning tasks, conducting performance appraisals, coaching, issuing corrective action
• Monitor and ensure that the Laundry staff perform their job functions to the expected level of service
• Maintenance and upkeep of all laundry equipment and knowledge of all laundry equipment
• Assist the Laundry staff whenever necessary in performing all job functions
• Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
• Operate all laundry machines and add designated chemicals in accordance with specified amounts, times and temperatures for the particular articles to be washed
• Adhere to all health and safety requirements within the Laundry and wider Hotel environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbal and non-verbal
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Ability to understand guests’ service needs
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
• Ability to be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
Education / Experience:
• Five (5) or more years’ experience’ of managing a hotel laundry facility
• Experience of working in a luxury hotel
• Frequently required to stand and use hands to, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Occasionally required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently lift and/or move relatively heavy weights.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is required to use chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 2, 200 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Duty Meal, Uniform & etc.
Closing date: 17/06/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !