Position: Lead Structural Engineer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
The responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
1. Execute all activities and work in Compliance with PETROKON Quality Management System and HSE Management System.
2. Responsible for the discipline engineering in meeting the objectives and goals set in accordance with PETROKON policies.
3. Lead and manage the planning, organising, monitoring, control, feedback within his / her discipline engineering to carry out work in an effective and efficient manner.
4. Provide competent and efficient engineering and design services in accordance with PETROKON´s and Client´s requirements taking into account safety aspects of design in relationship to project cycle, e. g HAZID, HAZOP, risk analysis techniques and life cycle cost.
5. Represent PETROKON in coordination with Client´s discipline head for monitoring of Client standards.
The tasks shall include but not be limited to:
1. Ensure technical quality of all work in the discipline.
2. Establish, maintain and implement Petrokon Procedures and Work Instructions in the discipline activities.
3. Allocate resources optimally for all work executed in the discipline.
4. Appraise the performance of personnel in the discipline.
5. Ensure consistent and uniform application of engineering standards and processes in the discipline.
6. Train and develop the skills of subordinates, in particular developing local staff to fill engineers´ role. Ensure training logs and training plan is maintained.
7. Approval all technical work in the discipline as a Technical Authority (TA).
8. Execute engineering and design tasks including preparing, checking and approving engineering reports, calculation, specifications, requisitions, data sheets and drawings, carrying out field surveys, reviewing third party design, performing and reviewing technical bid evaluation.
9. Estimate discipline engineering and design man-hours and input to bids / proposals.
10. Ensure JCP (Job Competency Plan) is in place and used for progression and competence development of the team.
11. To review any design work carried out by third party.
12. To participate and in some instances lead HAZOP, HAZID, safety and facilitate audit, and other HEMP Activities.
13. To establish the actual (as opposed to design) capacities / capabilities of existing field facilities in order to identify potential bottlenecks and scope for optimisation.
14. To identify potential applications for new technology.
15. Participate in progress meetings.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 40 - 55 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 7, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 27/01/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !