Position: Legal Advisor
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel.
• Liaise with and assist external Counsel in the discharge of their obligation to JPCC.
• Advise on statutory compliance.
• Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the Company.
• Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
• Submit quarterly reports on targets achieved together with an appraisal report to the General Manager.
• Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Company.
• Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
• Perform duties as Secretary to Board of Directors´ Meeting, Management Committee, Management Tender Board and all Sub Committees of Management Committee.
• Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
Attend special committee meetings and offer advice as required.
The above shall relate exclusively to:
• Procurement/Contract matters
• Civil Actions
• Human Resources/employment matters
• All matter pertaining to the Brunei Government Departments
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Presentation skills
• Ability to take good decisions based on judgement
• Able to deal with confidential information
• Excellent team player
• Creativity Able to work independently
• Problem Solving
• Excellent analytical, researching and drafting skills.
• LLB (Hons) Degree in Law / Law with Business
• Minimum of 5 years in relevant position
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 06/09/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !