Position: MECHANIC ASSISTANT
Total Vacancy: 2 Male
• Mechanic assistants provide support to lead mechanics working in automotive repair shops by directly helping with repair- and maintenance-related tasks.
• This role provides an excellent starting point for new mechanics to gain familiarity with repair and maintenance processes and best practices while working directly under the supervision of more experienced professionals.
• As mechanic assistants gain knowledge and expertise, they can take on more complex tasks within the shop.
• They may begin with simple duties including oil and tire changes before moving on to replacing parts like hoses and belts or directly aiding in vehicle inspections and the diagnosis of performance issues.
Support Lead Mechanics
• Many of the core duties of a mechanic assistant involve providing direct or indirect support to lead mechanics.
• They may work on projects under the lead mechanic’s supervision or may help out by ensuring that the lead mechanic has ready access to the tools and parts, they need to finish repair and maintenance activities.
• As mechanic assistants gain familiarity with processes and practices, they may ask questions to clarify the lead mechanic’s activities or provide information related to their own tasks.
Perform Preventive Maintenance Tasks
• In many cases, mechanic assistants conduct routine maintenance activities that don’t require a high level of expertise or specialization.
• A mechanic assistant may change a vehicle’s oil, rotate tires, flush and replace fluids, and change bulbs.
• Early in their career, the mechanic assistant may perform these tasks under the direct supervision of a lead or a more experienced mechanic, but they tend to act with more autonomy as they demonstrate their knowledge.
Repair and Replace Automotive Parts
• Mechanic assistants repair and replace parts in cars or trucks, including belts and tubes that have worn out or could soon fail.
• These replacements generally don’t require a high level of technical knowledge, but a mechanic assistant may also make more advanced repairs or replacements under the supervision of lead mechanics, such as swapping out engine components or transmissions.
Provide Diagnostic Support
• Experienced mechanic assistants provide diagnostic support for leaders and senior mechanics.
• As they begin their career, the mechanic assistant learns about methods for diagnosing vehicle performance issues and eventually gains a thorough knowledge of common diagnostic tests and indicators.
• Additionally, the mechanic assistant may work with diagnostic tools and provide reports and data to the lead mechanic to assist with repairs.
Maintain Customer and Vehicle Records
• Mechanic assistants provide support throughout the shop by maintaining customer and vehicle records, working with printed copies of service records and computerized data.
• Mechanic assistants frequently create new customer records, gather information related to the vehicle, check registration and insurance information, and ensure that customer and vehicle information remains up to date and reflects recent repair and maintenance activities.
Support Shop Cleanliness and Safety
• Finally, mechanic assistants maintain workspaces and promote shop safety by cleaning work areas and removing hazardous materials such as oil, gasoline, or other fluids.
• The mechanic assistant follows established procedures for safe disposal of motor oil, tires, and other vehicle fluids.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 35 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 400 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 27/03/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !