Position: Maintenance cum Logistics Helper
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
This is a short-term contract position.
This personnel will perform 2 roles: Primary role as workshop maintenance assistant and secondary role as logistics helper.
These roles will be decided and assigned by line supervisor.
Workshop Maintenance Assistant
- Assist mechanics to complete routine repairs for all company heavy equipment e. g. excavators, prime movers, forklifts; machinery e. g. generators, welding machines, pumps; and vehicles e. g. skip trucks.
- Assist mechanics to test company heavy equipment, machinery and vehicles functional condition by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components and repairing body damage.
- Obtain authorization from management for material/parts required to complete repairs and source the materials from workshop storekeeper.
- Assist other departments for material sourcing and provide manual handling support role to other personnel at workshop.
- Be the driver’s signalman at all times by safely guiding the driver to avoid all blind-spots, tight-spaces and/or difficult to maneuver spots. This is especially important during reversing, entering or exiting busy junctions, making any turns in tight spaces and etc. ;
- Identify any constraints, existing and potential hazards (e. g. obstructions, blind spots, sharp objects, and etc. ) and then report these matters immediately to your supervisor for urgent rectification;
- Provide manual handling and housekeeping assistance;
- Provide clerical assistance to the driver (e. g. register, collect, and return security passes, collect disposal receipts and etc. )
- Execute tasks, perform and obey directions from company or client’s representative within the framework of company’s organization with a satisfactory level of performance.
- Assist Client’s Representative in the execution of the work and advise Company and/or Client’s Representative of any difficulties.
- Comply with all Company’s and/or Clients’ rules and regulations including but not limited to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies, standards, requirements and attending meetings
- Attend Daily Toolbox Meeting and all other Pre-job briefings conducted by Company/Client’s Representatives
- Able to accept work assignments that may involve long working hour shifts and is willing to work under short notice during non-working hours, Sundays and public holidays.
Minimum requirements and expectations for job candidates:
- Have good verbal communication in English, Malay and Mandarin—the applicant will need to have conversational level proficiency in mandarin with hardware suppliers and customers;
- Have moderate proficiency in written English and Malay;
- The applicant must demonstrate good knowledge of automative spare parts, hydraulic hoses and fittinigs, and general workshop hardware;
- The applicant must demonstrate good mathematics and units conversation (imperial vs metric);
- Demonstrate professional courtesy with colleagues and customers;
- Be professional and have strong work ethic;
- Comply with company’s rules and regulations;
- Able to manage and handle work pressure and stress well;
- Complete all job tasks safely, orderly, and on time;
- Be willing to accept and learn from workplace constructive criticism with co-workers.
- Have proper etiquettes such as housekeeping, cleaning, refuelling, and re-greasing vehicles or equipment after use.
- Can work in teams or independently with minimum supervision.
- Possess own transportation with valid JPD license class 3;
- Have own accommodation in Kuala Belait or Seria;
In addition to fulfilling the minimum requirements, we will like to indicate our preference for candidates with the following skillsets:
- Carefully maintains well-organized and complete records;
- Willing to work in harsh working environment (i. e. hot and wet weather conditions) and unpleasant work environment (e. g. landfill);
- Can demonstrate safe work intervention;
- Willing to learn and adapt into new roles if assigned;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility and reliability;
1) All interested and qualified candidates shall register their interest in job centre portal; and
2) Submit one (1) personal statement to describe their current work experience and justify why they are the suitable candidate to jobsgo-liftco. com
In the email subject please write:
Application for Maintenance cum Logistics Helper and please provide your full name so that we can identify your registration in the job centre portal.
Please ensure that you fully comply with the instructions described in the application procedure and please take note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interview.
Education Required: Ordinary National Certificate
Age: 22 - 27 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 18 / Day
Employment Type: Part Time/Full Time
Closing date: 10/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !