Position: Marine Chief Engineer
Total Vacancy: 5 Male
• The Chief Engineer is responsible to the Master for the management of the engine department, for the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of the propulsion unit, all auxiliary, galley equipment and all machinery and electrical items on board.
• Maintenance In conjunction with the Chief Officer he is responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of all machinery and machinery spaces and all compartments throughout the ship, which are used for the storage of tools, spare gear, engine stores, fuel and lubricating oil required for the operation of the machinery.
• The requirements of the planned maintenance and condition monitoring systems currently in force must be followed.
• Record Keeping He is responsible for ensuring that Lantana engineering records are accurately and properly maintained.
• He is also responsible for the full and accurate reporting of information and defects as required by Lantana, and for the maintenance of all documentation relating to the engineering department.
• He is responsible for co-ordinating the compilation of repair lists.
• Plant Management The Chief Engineer is to make frequent inspections of all machinery and machinery space, timing these inspections to ensure that he is thoroughly familiar with the conditions under which all machinery is operated, also to satisfy himself that standards of maintenance and cleanliness are at the required levels.
• He must ensure that the plant is being efficiently operated and that all activities are being carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
• Electrical Installation The Chief Engineer is responsible for the proper care and upkeep of the alternators / generators, wiring and all electrical equipment.
• The installation of unauthorised electrical equipment and wiring is strictly prohibited.
• Any modifications are to be advised to Lantana.
• Engineering Practices The Chief Engineer is responsible to the Master for ensuring that the applicable rules set out in the regulations and instructions are correctly implemented and carried out by a competent member of the engineering staff.
• He is responsible for providing adequate supervision of staff and for ensuring that his instructions are strictly observed.
• Familiarity with Control, Piping and Electrical Systems The Chief Engineer is to ensure that all members of his staff are familiar with all systems and operating procedures so that, in emergencies essential services can be restored quickly and safely.
• Responsibility during Repairs and Overhauls It is the responsibility of the Chief Engineer to ensure that all repair work carried out on the vessel by the ship´s staff or shore personnel is executed and completed in a satisfactory and safe manner.
• The Chief Engineer is responsible for the management and planning of the repairs plus efficient quality and expenditure control.
It is most important that all repairs are closely supervised so that the necessity for damage claims does not arise.
Age: 30 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 100 / Day
Allowances: B$ 25
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: TAP + SCP
Closing date: 29/11/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !