Position: Marine Chief Officer
Total Vacancy: 3 Male
• Report to Master and is responsible for the management and performance of the Deck Department.
• He understudies the Master in all aspects of his managerial, professional and commercial duties with a view to qualifying himself for eventual command.
• He is second in command of the vessel in the absence of the Master.
The responsibilities and authorities are:
• The Chief Officer is the Head of Deck Department and he is directly responsible for all work and conditions on board that is the responsibility of the Deck Department.
• He is a Safety Officer and Medical Officer on board.
• Handling of and safety aspects of cargo/passengers.
• Assists Master in the management of safe and efficient navigation of the ship and ensuring that the ship’s Bridge Team management functions at its optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Shall familiarize himself with Company’s stated procedures on safe working practices and follow them in the execution of his responsibilities.
• Keeping a navigational watch as instructed by the Master.
• Responsible for monitoring the condition of all navigation equipment, for correcting/ updating all charts and associated navigational publications and for preparing passage plans to be approved by the Master.
• Any deficiencies which may affect the safe navigation of the vessel are reported to the Master.
• Responsible for maintenance of all lifesaving equipment and firefighting appliances.
• To ensure that such equipment is kept at constant state of readiness.
• Designated as Distress Communication Officer.
• He shall be responsible for maintenance, upkeep and testing of the GMDSS Equipment and maintaining the GMDSS Log.
• Maintaining lights, shapes, flags, halyards and sound signaling apparatus.
• Ensuring deck crew adhere safe working practices as defined in the Company Procedures.
• Identifying potential ship hazards associated with deck operations and advising the Master accordingly.
• Notifying the Master immediately of any defects which may affect ship safety or put at risk the marine environment.
• Stability of the vessel.
• Investigating non-conformances and applying corrective action as agreed with the Master.
• Maintaining and inventory of deck stores, cabin stores, medical stores, other related stores and spare parts.
• Preparing requisitions for stores.
• Maintain equipment as per PMS.
• Any other duties as instructed by the Master.
• Qualification required minimum of CLASS 1 or 2.
• Working experience required minimum of 2 years in offshore.
Age: 25 - 50 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 200 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 13/08/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !