Position: Marine Second Engineer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
- Reports to Chief Engineer and is second in charge of the Engineering Department and in the absence of the Chief Engineer, assumes his responsibilities.
The responsibilities and authorities are:
• Assisting the Chief Engineer in repair and maintenance of all vessels’ equipment and machinery, as and when required ensuring that the work performed by sub-contractors is carried out safely and professionally.
• Shall be responsible to the Chief Engineer for the conduct of assigned watch in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible.
• Maintaining and inventory of engine room stores and spare parts.
• Preparing requisitions for stores.
• Shall familiarize with Company’s stated procedures on safe working practices and follow them in the execution of his responsibilities.
• Shall ensure that engine room machinery and equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with standing orders, recommendations and regulations.
• Day to day operation of the main propulsions, auxiliary machinery and other engine room equipment.
• Reporting of any accident, non-conformances, hazardous situation or defects to Chief Engineer.
• The maintenance, operation and upkeep including cleanliness of all part of the engine room and the proper performance of maintenance the equipment.
• Strictly observe all pollution prevention regulations in force.
• Any other duties assigned by the Chief Engineer.
• Qualification required minimum of CLASS 2.
• Working experience required minimum of 2 years in offshore or CADET
Age: 25 - 50 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 180 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 13/08/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !