Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions, but does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• They may be subject to change at any time for reasonable accommodation or any other reason.
• Lays building materials, including block, stone, and brick, and constructs or repairs surfaces or structures.
• Working conditions include restricted movement, dirty environment, extreme temperatures, lifting or carrying heavy objects.
• Prepares surfaces prior to beginning work.
• Fabricates, alters, repairs, and maintains walls, foundations, veneers, and other related structuresor surfaces.
• Lays blocks or bricks following blueprints, plans, or drawings.
• Determines work requirements and sequence of masonry assignments through review of workorders, plans, or drawings.
• Lays out work using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, squares, and levels.
• Mixes cement using cement-mixing equipment, and/or hand tools.
• Cuts or breaks bricks and concrete using hammers, powered abrasive saws, paving breakers, drills, and/or hand tools.
• Molds expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• Operates equipment, such as forklift, dump truck, and flatbed.
• Estimates materials and labor.
• Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
• Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobsand levels.
• Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
• Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid ofbricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
• Maintaining positive and transparent relationships with owners and subcontractors
• Finishing projects as strongly as they’re started
• Maintaining a proactive vs. reactive attitude and work ethic
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and proactively finding solutions for construction projects.
• Able to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
• Skill in the construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces
• Knowledge of related tools, masonry techniques, equipment and materials
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 700 / Month
Allowances: B$ 100
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 25/09/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !