Position: Master (Captain)
Total Vacancy: 3 Male
• The Master has over-riding authority and responsibilities for taking all necessary actions for safety, pollution prevention and the efficient operation of his ship.
• In certain situation this may mean deviation from documented procedures.
• In all matters which affect or may affect safety or the environment, the Master shall report directly to the Designated Person Ashore (DPA).
Master’s responsibilities in this regard includes:
o The implementation of the Company’s Policies as contained in the Shipboard Operating Procedures (SOP) and other official Company Instructions on all matters of operations, safety and environmental protection.
• Motivating the crew in the execution of that policy, issuing orders in a clear and concise manner.
o Issuing appropriate orders and instructions in a clear and simple manner.
o The compliance with any statutory, local or international regulation which affects the ship.
o Safekeeping and records of all shipboard mandatory and trading certificates in compliance with National and International Maritime Laws/Regulations.
o Reporting of any non-conformities, hazardous situation, accident or defects affecting the ship, her crew or passenger/cargo to the Company and other matters with implications for safe operations or pollution risk.
o Appraising and coordinating onboard training requirements with the Company.
o Review of safety management system of the company’s and reporting any deficiencies to the DPA.
o Ensuring that all documentation that is designated as “Controlled Document” is up to date and issued as per Company’s procedures.
o Ensuring all records relevant to the SMS, and as defined in the Procedures are available.
o Keeping a navigational watch.
o The on board discipline of all Officers and Crew and appraisal of same.
o The safeguard of the Owners’ and Company interests at all times.
o The communications with the Owners, the Company, the Charterers and any other party required.
o The undertaking of any duties or instruction as required by the Company.
• Qualification required minimum of CLASS 1 or 2.
• Minimum working experience of 2 years in offshore.
Age: 25 - 50 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 300 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 13/08/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !