Position: Mechanic / Welder Technician
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Mechanic and Welder Technician is responsible for ensuring functionality of machines, engines and mechanical systems which will include but not limited to the following:
• All company’s vehicle including cars, van, light trucks, and other vehicles
• All heavy machineries like hydro seeder, excavator, cement mixers, wood chippers etc.
• All garden maintenance tools e. g. grass cutter, trimmer, lawn mower, drive on lawn mower etc.
The scope of jobs include:
• Conducting routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
• Inspecting vehicle and other machineries engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
• To assemble, maintain and repair machinery and vehicles.
• They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
• As Mechanical and Welder Technician you are also to perform Welder’s job such as to fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools.
• Welder uses multiple welding machines to repair and maintain metal equipment and structures of various sizes, and he should be able to setup components for welding equipment or method based on requirements, operate with confident and maintain the welding equipment.
• He should also understand and implement personal and company safety measures by wearing required PPE for the job e. g. specialized goggles, helmets and gloves.
• Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles
• Perform preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc. ), tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
• Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with Land Transport Department’s vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• To ensure that the vehicle is keep clean at all-time by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs (Keep logs on work and issues).
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Maintain equipment and tools in good condition · Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt. Plan repair procedures using charts manuals (SOPs) and experience
• Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
• Set up components for welding according to specifications (e. g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
• Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
• Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
• Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
• Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
• Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
• Maintain the welding equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
1. A minimum of 4 years´ experience as a welder and mechanic
2. Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools
Age: 35 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 600 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 09/07/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !