Position: Mechanical Assistant
Total Vacancy: 10 Male
• Valid Medical Certificate.
• Valid T-BOSIET & Travel Safely by Boat (TSbB).
• Minimum working experience 2 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Mechanical Assistant in tube cleaning, install mechanical plug, refurbishment and installation pipeline clamps and installation repairing plant and equipment;
• Works under the general direction of the Operation Manager and Senior Mechanical Supervisor.
• Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memos, general correspondence and apply the knowledge of a reasonable person to carry out instructions.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to present information verbally in one-on-one situation and small groups.
• Basic numeracy skills, having the ability to use these skills with weight, volume and distance measurements.
• Developing knowledge of workshop procedures.
• Developing knowledge of the use and maintenance of workshop equipment.
• Developing knowledge of the operation of a plan.
• General knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare regulations.
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
Qualifications and Experience
• High school certificate or equivalent education certificate; one to three months’ related experience and or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Forklift certificate (desirable).
• Previous mechanical experience.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn and develop.
• Hold a current national Manual “C” class driver’s licence
• Hold a current “MR” class driver’s licence.
Education Required: National Vocational Certificate (NVC) or equivalent (NTC)
Age: 22 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 700 / Month
Allowances: B$ 60
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Yearly bonus but depends on the performance and attendance.
Closing date: 11/09/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !