Position: Mechanical Assistant
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• Supports the Mechanical Technician II;
• Acts in his absence, inclusive of Contractor Callouts, Work Order Allocation, Material Requisitions, Maintenance Planning and Scheduling.
Executes mechanical activities in production floor as directed including: -
1) All planed maintenance tasks relevant to rotating and plant equipment and emergency tasks.
2) Permitting compliance with safety requirements and liaison and coordination with other Departments as required.
3) Ensures equipment, materials and tools are on-hand for work execution. Reports resources and time utilized, job scope expansion, rework or deferred maintenance as required; also keeping all tasks & activities logged and up-dated.
4) Implementation of routine checks including vibration & temperature inspections on designated rotating equipment and ensuring logging or recording of all readings; includes preliminary assessment and reportage on as found conditions.
5) Repairs to other static equipment as required –
6) Supervises plant workers´ work execution inclusive of loading/ unloading materials
• Refocusing Maintenance from low indenture to Predictive and
• Proactive Maintenance Modes by practicing and implementing equipment diagnostic and prognostic instrumentation and technologies.
• Ensuring mechanical spare parts availability for scheduled and projected jobs inclusive of spare inventory (physical) checking and stock inspections and preliminary liaison with Suppliers and Vendors for proposals etc.
• Equipment Problems Trouble-shooting and Basic Root Cause Analysis and Development of Solutions.
Education Required: National Vocational Certificate (NVC) or equivalent (NTC)
Age: 20 - 35 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 700 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 23/03/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !