Position: NURSERY MANAGER
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Responsible for the management of the ornamental plants nursery to grow horticultural plants, for example trees, shrubs, flowers, or ornamental plants, for landscape projects requirements, sale to trade or retail customers:
• Determines type and quantity of horticultural plants to be grown, considering such factors as whether plants will be grown under controlled conditions in shade or greenhouse or under natural weather conditions in field, and market demand or conditions, utilizing knowledge of plant germination, growing habits of plants, soil conditions, plant nutrients, and disease control requirements.
• Selects and purchases seed, plant nutrients, and disease control chemicals according to type of horticultural plants and conditions under which plants will be grown.
• Tours work areas to observe quality and quantity of work being done, to inspect crops and to evaluate horticultural conditions, for example plant disease and soil conditions.
• Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of workers engaged in planting of seed, raising, feeding, and controlling growth and disease of plants, and transplanting, potting, or cutting plants for marketing.
• May also grow horticultural plants under controlled conditions hydroponically and be known as Manager, Hydroponics Nursery (agricultural services industry).
• Responsible for undertaking research and development on more efficient method of growing plants such as hydroponic, micropropagation etc. to ensure that the agricultural practices result in an abundance of plants products in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 05/12/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !