Position: OPERATION MANAGER
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
1. Ensure that all company vessels are maintained as per National, International and Classification regulations.
2. He is responsible to verify as necessary, spares requisitions and work orders generated bycompany’s vessels and ensure adequate resources are provided in good time.
3. Ensures statutory and classifications surveys for hull and machineries of company vessels arecarried out in a timely manner.
4. Ensures vessels are manned in accordance with stipulated regulations and that vessels’ crew suitably trained and possess the required STCW and Charterer’s training.
5. Carry out inspection and participate in vessel preparation prior charterer inspection etc.
6. Implement, promote, verify and monitor company Safety Management System.
7. Prepare the Internal Audit Plan( ISPS ) and organize internal audits to verify the effectiveness of the system.
8. Coordinate External Audits to maintain company ISPS Certification onboard company vessel.
9. Ensures adequate resources and shore base support are applied, as required.
10. Reporting directly to the General Manager on significant issues concerning Company’s Safety Management System and Security.
11. He is responsible to make regular visits to the Company Vessels as assigned by the General Manager-Operations.
12. A member of the Emergency ResponseTeam (ERT). Refer to Section 8. 3 of Volume 1 for responsibility as an ERT Member.
13. A member of the Safety Management and SMS Review committee.
14. Custodian of the Company’s ISPS documents.
15. Review reported non-conformances, incidents/accidents and hazardous occurrences with vessel masters prior to submission to the Safety Management Committee.
16. Ensure that all personnel involved in the ISPS Code have an adequate understanding of relevant rules, regulations and guidelines.
17. Provide input including update of common safety standard/procedures and review of activity Hazard and effects Management Process (HEMP) documents.
18. To provide management advice on regulatory HSSE compliance and effective implementation of industry/HSSE policies, standards/procedures and HSSE Management System.
19. Facilitate OVMSA implementation programs to sustain improvement in OVMSA in company and company vessels.
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in the Marine Industry.
- Worked as a Class 1 Captain on Offshore Support Vessel (OSV).
Education Required: Master´´s Degree (Master´´s) or equivalent
Age: 45 - 55 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 5, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 07/12/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !