Position: Offshore Rigger
Total Vacancy: 20 Male
• Follow HSE Rules, Guidelines and Procedures.
• Minimum 2 years work experiences.
• Valid TBOSIET Certificate
• Valid BSP E-Kawal Card
• Valid Rigger Level 2 Certificate
• A Rigger reports directly to the Rigger Supervisor.
• He shall have experience in al types of rigging and be able to work as an effective team member in large or small groups depending on the activity.
• He shall be agile and be able to work at heights without a problem.
• He shall be full aware of the COMAPANY’S safety regulations and shall apply them at all times.
• He shall be familiar with various lifting techniques and the use of equipment such as chain hoist, shackles, slings, tugger winch, etc.
• He shall be capable of splicing both manila and wire ropes and have the skill to make all required knots, bends and hitches. He shall assist in hydrotesting operations.
• He will be fully conversant with COMPANY’s Safety procedures.
• He shall have the knowledge to assemble all types of pipe work, welded, screwed or flanged in a neat and workmanlike manner, under the supervision of the Leadsman or Rigger supervisor.
• Must be willing to carry out other works like cleaning, handling of material and equipment, as directed by his supervisor.
Job duties and tasks:
• Align, level, and anchor machinery.
• Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
• Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
• Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
• Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use.
• Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
• Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
• Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
• Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
• Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
• Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 18 - 55 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 60 / Day
Employment Type: Part Time/Full Time
Closing date: 11/10/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !