Pastry Assistant Responsibilities
• Preparing a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
• Creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
• Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef Assistant to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
• Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
• Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
• Guide and motivate kitchen assistants to work more efficiently
• Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
• Proven experience as Pastry Chef Assistant, baker or relevant role
• Great attention to detail and creativity
• Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
• Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc. )
• Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or equivalent
Only candidates with experience need apply.
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !