Position: Pastry / Commis III
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Check the quality of pastry ingredients.
• Prepare and check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, pies, tarts, cookies etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers.
• Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
• Ensure that all preset standards for food production, food service and presentation are to be strictly followed at all times in order to maintain consistency.
• Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with company food safety guidelines.
• Keep up to date with new recipes and preparation techniques.
• Keep work station clean and adhere to health and safety regulations.
• Ensure the highest standards and quality in the daily preparation.
• Ensure Fridge’s/freezers are well organized and all spoilage is disposed properly.
• Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times.
• Ensure adequacy of pastry supplies at the workstations.
• Optimized the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
• Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to sous chef.
• Prepares lists of food products required for station.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish description.
• Must have background/qualifications in Food & Beverage.
• Experience in relevant industry is an advantage.
• Must possess a positive and professional attitude.
Cleanliness and Safety Requirements:
• Make sure that the equipment is cleaned and maintained properly
• Clean display cases and replace near expiry products with fresh goods.
• Adapt the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be baked
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 20 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 450 / Month
Allowances: B$ 50
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 08/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !