Position: Product Development Assistant
Total Vacancy: 2 Male/Female
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Written and verbal communication skills are critical. Concise, clear, daily communication is required with Buyers, CAD, Color Analyst, Quality Assurance Technicians, and Agents.
• Knowledge and expertise with fabrics, trims, construction details and finishing techniques.
• Understanding of industry trends, assortment planning, key item development, color, print and pattern selection.
• Work with Merchandising Team in planning in order to understand the item/classification needs for development to ensure depth of assortment, flow and proper merchandising of line.
• Coordinate and manages key activities in the development process to ensure design/merchandising requirements are met.
• Researching seasonal color and trend.
• Select and present seasonal color palettes by brand.
• Work with Color Analyst to review and resolve any deviation to color standards.
• Identify, research, and review all fabric and trim needs for the season.
• Resolve any issues that do not meet standards, and approve.
• Work with CAD designer to develop prints and pattern work for season. Review strike-offs and handlooms for layout and execution; resolve any issues and approve.
• Work closely with Quality Assurance Technicians to ensure complete Tech Design Packages are presented for sourcing.
• Take responsibility for completion, execution and accuracy; and communication of all Technical Sketch, Details and Bill of Materials Information.
• Travel overseas as part of sourcing, finalization team.
• Review counter samples with Quality Assurance Technicians for fit, execution and style approval. Communicate to agent, any styling/detail changes affecting price or Bill of Materials.
• Communicate to all appropriate stakeholders on any necessary issue resolutions or actions on pre-production.
• Knowledge and expertise in developing product line from concept to execution, and establishing seasonal line development calendar.
Education Required: National Diploma
Age: 21 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: 1 hour break
Closing date: 12/10/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !