Position: Product Development and Procurement Intern
Total Vacancy: 2 Male/Female
• Evaluate suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability
• Nurture, establish and maintain relationships with suppliers – local and foreign appropriate to the company
• Negotiate with suppliers the best prices for company
• Manage suppliers (local and international) that are important to the organisation
• Identify potential new suppliers suitable for the organisation
• Ensure that organisation’s interest is protected throughout engagements with suppliers under the officer’s portfolio
• Prepare product costings Issuing Purchase Orders
• Maintaining records of purchases
• Monitor and manage inventory of stock from finished goods to raw materials (carton boxes, packaging etc).
• Liaise with relevant departments, particularly Finance, Trading and Sales departments for production and stock replenishment.
• Coordinate and monitor orders and deliveries with QC & Logistics.
• Issue alert on expiry goods to relevant departments.
• Forecast and anticipate demand for products and raw materials in advance for products to meet the business needs
• Maintain and monitor budget and costing at all times in partnership with finance
• Meet deadlines Product Development
• Manage and coordinate the product development process from start to finish as per stated in the SOP
• Develop product within the price range expected & negotiate price with suppliers with the support of PD manager if necessary
• Raise and consult with manager regarding issues during the product development process and propose solutions
• Obtain sign-offs and approval necessary from Management for any cost involved during the product development process including obtaining samples, lab testing etc
• Ensure sign-offs and approvals are obtained from Management for ANY products to be developed and/or to proceed to the PD stage
• Conduct appropriate sensory evaluation testing for products that will be proposed to undergo the PD process
• Manage any product related issues throughout the life cycle of the product & generally monitor the product quality in the market for improvements and innovation etc
• Take proactive role in improving existing products either through new ingredients, improved formulations, improved packaging etc
• Undertake relevant research related to product during the product development stage including obtaining feedback from customers
• Conduct sensory evaluation upon request and/or when samples are provided by suppliers
• Develop report for sensory evaluation and provide recommendation on the way forward of the product/s o
• Upon request, provide samples of upcoming products and products in development to potential customers o
• Provide product information kit and conduct training to appropriate stakeholders prior/ upon release of new products
• Submit weekly report on product status to Manager and other report as and when requested
• Support the organisation with ad-hoc tasks requested by Management, Manager and/or colleagues
• Degree in Food Science or similar may be required.
• Driver´s license may be required.
• Strong self-motivation.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Proficiency in a foreign language would be advantageous.
• Ability to cope with rejection.
• Ability to remain calm in fast-paced environments.
• Superb interpersonal skills.
• A professional appearance.
Age: 25 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 15 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 17/11/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !