Position: Project Accountant
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of Position
• The purpose of the job is to perform highly complex accounting work according to generally accepted principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
• In this job classification functions in a supervisor capacity to supervise accounting assistants, and entry level accounting and support staff to ensure the accomplishment of assigned functions according to established schedules, calendars, projects, and programs of the department.
• Work includes researching and collecting highly complex data, preparing clear and concise financial reports and monitoring expenditures and revenues of assigned divisions/or departments.
• The employee in this classification is responsible for the supervision and control of the general accounting functions.
• This includes the general ledger, payables, payroll, property, budget reporting, and statistical accumulation.
• Analyzes, reconciles, balances, and maintains accounting records; financial statement and report preparation on a regular and special request basis; assisting departments with annual budget preparation and budget reviews; assisting in the annual budget preparation; reviewing entries to the ledgers to assure accuracy; and assisting in recruitment of personnel.
• Lay down necessary accounting policy and procedure wherever necessary by approval from top management.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Prepare financial management reports.
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
• Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
• Supervises and trains those employees in accounts dept and division accounts.
• Responsible for complete accounts payable function.
• Extensive follow up for receivable.
• Controlling & monitoring various expenses basis of allocated budget.
• Responsible for payroll processing and disbursement.
• Asset Tracking and Records.
• Correspondence with clients on PO follow up, invoicing disputes.
• Monitoring of invoicing process.
• Monthly Cash Flow.
• Quarterly Balance Sheet Preparation & Submission.
• Monitoring & Implementation of financial standards at operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Effective Communication and presentation skills.
• Should be well versed in accounting knowledge & Arithmetic skill.
• Through knowledge in office automation and accounting software and report generation.
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
• Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment but some regular visit to outlets will be required and not eligible for Over Time benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview
Age: 25 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 29/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !