Position: Project Engineer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator by acting as the Technical Focal Point in the mechanical discipline for the project team, by providing technical input to the field execution teams where appropriate to the fabrication team
- Review of AFC Design packages for own Mechanical discipline and other related (e. g. Civil and Structural) disciplines to ensure full understanding of the scope definition and identify inter-discipline interfaces and dependencies. Verify availability, quality and accuracy of design documents such as PEFS, GA´s drawings, isometrics, material MTO´s etc.
- Raise Technical Queries (TQ´s) should there be any discrepancies in order to record and get formal responses from design consultant
- Lead in the development of Construction Work Pack for own discipline, ensuring an accurate description of the scope of work with all relevant supporting documents such as necessary drawings, work instructions, applicable Standards and Procedures, Method Statements, Job Hazard Analyses, Site Layout Plans, site construction sketches / drawings to supplement design drawings, etc. commensurate with complexity of the job
- Ensure that the Work Packs are clearly understood by the site team by providing technical input and advice as required
- Provide work pakcs and relevant drawings such as isometrics to and liaise with the Fabrication Coordinator for all required fabrication works in support of each project
- He shall be the focal point for resolution of construction issues in the field for own discipline, such as piping clashes, discrepancies between actualy size conditions and engineering drawings etc. Such matters shall be formally recorded and raised as Technical Queries.
- Lead in pre-comissioning activities and provide commisioning support to client´s commissioning team
- Act as the main interface with the engineering department (client´s or in house) or technical authority to clarify and make clear any uncertainties, provide engineering solutions etc.
- Provide up front input to Project Planner for Project Scheduling in own discipline, accounting for all inter-discipline interfaces and dependencies, requirements for tools & equipment, known constraints, proposed method statements etc. Review final Project Schedule
- Attend progress and disciplines meetings as and when required
- Carry out additional duties as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator / Contract Manager
- Safeguarding the health and safety of all team members and minimizing the impact of all prokect activities to the environment through the following:
- Active coaching of supervisors and leading by example
- Ensure that the team carries out all duties strictly in accordance with the HSE Management System (such as the 12 LSR´s, PTAS House Rules etc. ) and in a manner which ensures their own health and safety and the health and safety of others
- Lead in the development of Job Hazard Analyses in own discipline, recognizing and identifying key inter-discipline interfaces.
- Routinely attend and observe daily tool box talks (average one per week) as part of coaching task. Provide feedback to supervisors on areas of weakness and suggest possible ways to improve quality of tool box talks.
- Regular HSE site inspections to ensure compliance to HSE procedures and standards
- Actively look out for, intervene, take action to correct and report when there is unsafe act, unsafe condition or non-compliance amongst own crew, other colleagues, third party personnel and visitors at the work site.
- Encourage crew members to raise HSE PAKAT´s
- Reporting all near misse and/or incidents and participate in incident investigations and encouraging crew members to do the same
- Ensure that team carries out all duties strictly in accordance with the Quality Management System to ensure high quality work is achieved at all times
- Provide coaching to supervisors to aid in their understanding of Quality Procedures and monitor tasks execution to ensure compliance
- Actively look out for, intervene, take action to correct and report any Quality non-compliances.
- Encourage supervisors to do so and assist them in raising Quality PAKAT´s
- Ensure all QA/QC activities are carried out as per procedures, including NDT tests, welding and painting inspections, material verifications etc.
- Work closely in conjunction with QA/QC Team to ensure a system for continous improvement is in place
- Any task assigned from time to time within the competency of the personnel
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 55 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
- Paid Annual Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
Closing date: 06/06/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !