Position: Quantity Surveyor
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Prepare Material take off from structural & Mechanical drawings
• Source pricing for the materials, equipment & specialist services as per the requirement to complete the proposal cost estimation
• Preparation of cost estimate for structural & mechanical scopes
• Measure and value the work done on site
• Preparation and compilation of claims for the projects
• Preparation of specific documents to submit to subcontractor for quotation of cost / price of manpower, equipment & services.
• Draft quotations and response to queries from subcontractors.
• Implementation of efficient and effective contract administration process that meets client’s requirements.
• Maintain organized system of physical and digital records.
• Manage and administration of main contract and subcontract agreements.
• Liaise with Project Management team on Bill of Quantity (BOQ) to support the project cost estimate.
• Fully versed with Cost Control Principles and Techniques.
• Be conversant with the Client’s scope of work, administration procedures, and familiar with the weight book for calculation and summaries.
• Compile and produce monthly reports to the Client for the overall QS progress
Qualification & Competencies
• HND / degree in Mechanical engineering.
• Possess good written and communication skills.
• Familiar with contractual & technical terms related to construction works.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in quantity survey, cost estimation, contract administration.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Quality & HSE Requirement
• Foster a climate and culture where Quality / HSE issues are addressed effectively and speedily, as part of everyone’s normal function.
• Achieve and comply with the Quality / HSE Plan.
• Ensure compliance of Company policies / procedures.
• Responsible for all the safety of personnel.
• Maintenance and care of all quality equipment.
*salary will be negotiable subject to years of experience and skills
**only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 01/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !