Position: Quantity Surveyor Assistant
Total Vacancy: 1 Female
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
• The primary work of Quantity Surveyor Assistant is to execute Roofing Estimation for all categories of Roof Types and conduct Site measurements for private and general housing or Government projects, expediting quantities for quotes or final ordering stage.
• They should be conversant in the use of AutoCAD and any in-house design Software, for ways to expedite their task in shorter periods.
• Secondary Duties assigned to QS Assistant also includes estimating for Roller Shutter doors and Containers or Portable Cabins.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To prepare quantity estimates for all types of roofs including accessories and to ensure estimate includes all subsidiary products and submit to General Clerk for quotation preparation to the client.
• To provide quote estimate for Roller Shutter door systems including door side guard, Mullions, top Supporting Steel frame, and motorized winch for automated doors
• To provide quote estimate for Complete Container or Portable Cabins total systems including all fittings i. e. Cladding, Internal partitions, Electrical, Air-conditioning, piping, etc.
• To produce Drawings on Roofing, Roller Shutter or Containers as assigned by the Technical Manager and to expedite the project within the standard periods of work days as mentioned in working procedure for drawings submissions
• To Check onsite by conducting site measurements on roofing for sites without drawings or for the purpose of verifying drawing measurements for exact measurements prior to issuing order for production
• To provide onsite support to roof contractors during installation stage by explanation on sequence of usage via the roofing schedule or cutting list schedule which have been prepared and importantly followed , so as to ensure no wastage or shortages.
• To Utilize Exact Roofing Detailing Software for generating designs on Roof estimates, checking constantly that all roofing quantities and accessories are sufficient for final confirmation, to quantities for review by the TM.
• To prepare a complete breakdown roller shutters doors and to ensure that all accessories are correctly specified and quantities are sufficient prior to ordering stage.
• To check onsite measurements on all door openings, to ensure accurate proportions without wastage prior to delivery of roller shutter material.
• To check on Containers Specification, confirming all requirements prior to fabrication with the Client or Salesperson.
• To issue for order the final Container with details and ensure to follow up the construction for timely delivery of Container units to Customers.
• Perform other duties as and when assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Diploma in Quantity Surveying
• Familiar in the use of design software (Autocad)
• 2-3 years of experiences in construction industry which 3 years related to roof trusses industry
Education Required: Ordinary National Diploma
Age: 24 - 28 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 800 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 02/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !