Position: Registered Staff Nurse - ICU (For trained Nurses only)
Total Vacancy: 6 Male/Female
A. Clinical Patient Care
- Carries out a full range of registered nurse duties, including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient’s condition and care with support from the nurse in charge.
- Maintain the privacy and dignity of all patients whilst adhering to Gleneagles JPMC and Ward/Unit policies, reporting any difficulties with these duties to senior staff.
- works without direct supervision once key learning outcomes of the induction/ foundation or preceptorship programme have been completed.
- maintains a safe environment when caring for patients, including those patients requiring frequent levels of monitoring.
- monitors all patient care and treatment, maintaining high standards and quality at all times.
- responsible as a trained nurse for the control and administration of drugs within the regulations outlined in the Hospital medicine administration policies
B. Incident Reporting/Data/Record Management
- documents incidents in real time as per Hospital´s risk and escalation policies
- is able to prioritise nursing care, recognise deterioration in a patient’s condition and alert senior staff immediately.
- maintains accurate, contemporaneous and legible written records of care.
C. Communication & Adherence to Polices/Stakeholder Relations
- uses effective communication, written and verbal with all levels of staff including the multidisciplinary team, patients and relatives.
- adheres to the agreed procedures as identified, and promotes by example, a high standard of good quality nursing care in the department.
- fosters good relationships with other departments, the multidisciplinary team and visitors to the unit.
Helps to achieve and maintain morale for both staff and patients.
D. Organisational/Professional Responsibilities
- participates in the health education and explanation of treatment to patients and relatives.
- adheres to the Professional Code of Ethics and those defined by the Hospital
- participates in organisational/ward projects, enhancing the standards of care.
- assists in the updating of Professional practice/procedures in line with current research.
- contributes to the learning environment conducive for nursing students and other staff in training.
- other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Ward/Unit
A) Diploma/Bachelor´s Degree in Nursing and/or
B) Post Basic Diploma in Nursing Specialisation
C) Must be a registered Nurse with the Brunei Nursing Board
D) BLS/ACLS Certified
A) Able to work in shifts as per clinical shift schedules
B) Minimum 4-5 years of work experience as registered nurse in ICU and/or
C) Post registration experience in acute care/clinical setting
D) Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
E) Pleasant, positive and passionate about patient care & service excellence
F) Good prioritising, organisational and numerical skills, IT Literate
G) Willing and open to learning, taking ownership and is driven to perform & improve
H) Self-motivated, team player and high emotional intelligence
I) Able to perform with minimal supervision from Senior Staff Nurse and able to demonstrate initiative
J) Demonstrates proven track record in applying leadership skills at workplace K)Supportive of Organisational and Unit/Ward goals and targets
L) Exposure & experience in Hospital Quality Accreditation is an added advantage
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 2, 500 / Month
Allowances: B$ 400
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Paid Annual Leave, Insurance Role/Shift Allowances
Closing date: 06/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !