Position: Resident Civil / Structural Engineer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
This is a position for a graduate engineer who is keen to develop skills in all aspects of civil engineering, and has an interest in resolving environmental problems using engineering methods and technologies.
Current projects involve flood mitigation, commercial rice production, and aquaculture.
The Resident Engineer will be responsible to the senior engineer and the HR Manager for the following tasks on the project site and in the Company office: - Assist the senior engineer with Contract administration of contractors engaged to carry out projects.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• attending client meetings;
• inspection of works;
• checking of contractor’s progress claims;
• calculation of excavated volumes;
• evaluation of contractors shop drawings;
• site safety inspections;
• compilation of monthly progress reports.
- Assist with supervision of all activities in construction, and ensure compliance to all plans and specifications and identify all errors in plans and ensure optimal working of construction personnel.
- Manage and maintain accurate field notes and maintain flow of technical information and prepare comprehensive assessment reports for specified equipment;
- Inspect all materials and recommend improvement to all construction activities and ensure compliance to specifications and the construction schedule.
- Perform regular evaluations and prepare progress reports on all parts of the construction.
- Assist to resolve client questions and provide assistance and monitor pro-active activities and installations of specified equipment.
- Keep a daily/weekly diary for project reporting and compile a file of measured quantities as projects progress through construction phase.
• Project Task Schedules with target dates are to be maintained and will be reviewed regularly for employee performance appraisal.
• You are also responsible for other duties at the discretion of the Office Manager.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 2, 500 / Month
Allowances: B$ 200
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 12/03/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !