Position: Restaurant Manager
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of Role
To ensure that the restaurant/cafe operations run smoothly & efficiently at all times; to oversee the delivery of service and food standards.
Promote and maintain good public relations with all guests, suppliers and associates.
Core Job Functions
• To maintain a staffing schedule that provides for efficient service maximizes productivity
• To maintain an effective orientation and training program for all new staff and to constantly retrain old staff to maintain the specified standard of service
• To motivate, educate and develop staff on a continuous basis to achieve an overall maximum of efficiency and confidence
• To ensure that all guests are greeted and seated courteously without delay at a correctly set and clean table
• To ensure that all guests are served promptly
• To handle any guests complaint effectively and diplomatically and quickly
• To check on the mise en place daily
• To ensure that all staff are dressed for service, including personal hygiene
• To be constantly on the look our ways and means to improve the smooth running of the restaurant
• To work closely with the Sous Chef in charge of the kitchen on quality and cost control of the food
• To coordinate with the Chief Steward and Bar Service for the backup service
• To maintain high standards of cleanliness, tidiness and orderliness in the outlet.
2. Sales & Revenue
• To maximize sales and revenues by providing good service and training to staff
• To capitalize on activities in the hotel and in the community, holidays and event that would bring in extra customers.
• To generate ideas for promotions to the F&B Director to increase sales
3. Cost Control
• To control the Food & Beverage cost of the outlet by implementing strict portion control to prevent any wastage or pilferage.
• To control the labor cost through proper sales forecasting and scheduling to minimize wastage of manpower
• To ensure that all furniture, equipment, utensils and silverware within the outlet are accounted for properly handled, regularly serviced and maintained to prevent excessive wear and tear
• To conduct daily briefings to ensure that all information is disseminated
• To post all current information and standing instructions on the bulletin board
• To write down all food items not available or seasonal food available on the board for staff reference
• To communicate and present a positive attitude to provide leadership to all staff all times in order to attain desired goals
The job functions outlined above are a general guideline to the work required in this role and are not limited to the above.
It is to be understood that the specific duties may be changed as required to meet the purpose of the role and the prevailing business and organizational needs. Initiative and flexibility in adjusting to these is essential in meeting the requirements of the role.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a 5 hotel (Essential)
• Minimum 5 years hotel experience (Essential) Functional Knowledge
• High standards of service
• Consistently polite and courteous approach to all guests and visitors
• Considerate and respectful manner with to all colleagues
• Hotel Health & Safety Policy and to identify and report hazards
• Know and carry out the Hotel’s emergency procedures
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with proficiency in English (Essential)
• English and Malay is a MUST (Desirable)
• Additional languages such as Korean or Chinese would be an advantage
• Hygiene training (Essential)
• Service oriented training (Essential)
• Computer literate – Word & Excel (Essential)
• Good understanding of POS systems (Essential)
• Customer Focus
• Ability to work under pressure
• Communication Skills
• Good people skills
• Proven track record of delighting customers
• Highly motivated
• Empire Values
Age: 30 - 55 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 400 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Duty Meal, Uniform & etc
Closing date: 20/07/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !