Restaurant Supervisor Responsibilities
• Coordinating daily restaurant management operations
• Delivering superior food and beverage service and maximizing customer satisfaction
• Responding efficiently and accurately to restaurant customer complaints
We are looking for a Restaurant Supervisor to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant Supervisor responsibilities include improving and maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you will need supervisory skills and experience in both front and back of the house. You will need to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you may be required to hire qualified front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We will expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
• Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
• Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
• Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
• Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
• Organize and supervise shifts
• Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
• Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
• Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
• Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
• Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
• Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
• Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth, social media platforms and restaurant events
• Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e. g. discounts and social media ads)
• Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
• Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
• At least 5 years work experience as a Restaurant Supervisor or similar role
• Proven customer service experience as a Restaurant Supervisor
• Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
• Familiarity with restaurant management software eg. POS
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
• Acute financial management skills
• Diploma in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is an added advantage
Only candidates with experience need apply.
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !