Position: Rigger - Fitter Mechanic (Offshore)
Total Vacancy: 40 Male/Female
• A Rigger reports directly to the Mechanical Leadman or Rigger Supervisor.
• He/She shall have the knowledge to assemble all types of pipe work, welded, screwed or flanged in a neat and workmanlike manner, under the supervision of the Leadsman or Rigger supervisor.
• He/She shall have the knowledge to apply appropriate torque by using of Manual bolt torquing machine for flange management under supervision of Leadman /QC officer.
• He/She shall have experience in all types of rigging and be able to work as an effective team member in large or small groups depending on the activity.
• He/She shall be agile and be able to work at heights without a problem.
• He/She shall be full aware of the COMPANY’S safety regulations and shall apply them at all times.
• He/She shall be familiar with various lifting techniques and the use of equipment such as chain hoist, shackles, slings, tugger winch.
• He/She shall be capable of splicing both manila and wire ropes and have the skill to make all required knots, bends and hitches. He/She shall assist in hydrotesting operations. • He/She will be fully conversant with COMPANY’s Safety procedures.
• Must be willing to carry out other works like cleaning, handling of material and equipment, as directed by his/her supervisor.
• He/She shall be willing to carry out work on confined space.
• He/She shall work as firewatcher during hotwork including below duties.
Firewatcher duties includes:-
I. Inspecting the WORKSITE, confirm all combustible material removed, before the work commences. Ensuring that a fire hose is laid out and ready to use.
II. Checking all areas in the vicinity of the WORKSITE for falling sparks, weld spatter, etc. as soon as the work starts. He/She shall stop hot work if there is an alarm.
III. Be trained and competent to operate all safety and fire-fighting equipment. Know howto isolate and make safe the welding and other equipment being used.
IV. Continually monitor the portable gas detector; He/She shall stop hot work if the portable gas detector is faulty or discharged. V. Ensuring that access and escape routes is kept clear at all times.
VI. He/She shall play a major role in accident prevention.
• He/She shall have Banksman training and act as Banksman during lifting activities.
Qualification & Competencies
• He/She must have a minimum of 2 years rigging experience, at least one of which must have been spent offshore. He/She should be fit, able to work at heights.
• He/She must be familiar with the correct way to attach bulldog clips and other fittings to wire ropes.
• He/She should be familiar with mooring operations and the rigging requirement regarding handling anchors, pendant buoys and wires.
• He/She shall be fully conversant with the principles and techniques of fire prevention and firefighting and will have attended an Advanced Course on the same.
• He/She shall be conversant with COMPANY’s and CONTRACTOR’s
Safety Rules and Regulations.
• He/She will be fully conversant with safety and permit to work procedures.
• He/She should be able to read, write and speak English and/or Malay, Preferably a Bruneian. IT knowledge will be an advantage.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Quality & HSE Requirement
• Foster a climate and culture where Quality / HSE issues are addressed effectively and speedily, as part of everyone’s normal function.
• Achieve and comply with the Quality / HSE Plan.
• Ensure compliance of Company policies / procedures.
• Responsible for all the safety of personnel.
• Maintenance and care of all quality equipment.
*salary is negotiable subject to years of experience and skills
**only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 23 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 01/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !