Total Vacancy: 2 Male/Female
• A Rigger reports directly to the Mechanical Leadman
• He / She shall have experience in all types of rigging and be able to work as an effective team member in large or small groups depending on the activity.
• He / She shall be agile and be able to work at heights without a problem.
• He / She shall be full aware of the COMPANY’S safety regulations and shall apply them at all times.
• He / She shall be familiar with various lifting techniques and the use of equipment such as chain hoist, shackles, slings, tugger winch.
• He / She shall be capable of splicing both manila and wire ropes and have the skill to make all required knots, bends and hitches. He / She will be fully conversant with COMPANY’s Safety procedures.
• Must be willing to carry out other works like cleaning, handling of material and equipment, as
directed by his/her supervisor.
• He / She shall have Banksman training and act as Banksman during lifting activities.
Qualification & Competencies
• He / She must have a minimum of 2 years rigging experience, He / She should be fit, able to work at heights.
• He / She must be familiar with the correct way to attach bulldog clips and other fittings to wire ropes.
• He / She should be familiar with mooring operations and the rigging requirement regarding handling anchors, pendant buoys and wires.
• He / She shall be conversant with COMPANY’s and CONTRACTOR’s Safety Rules and Regulations.
• He / She will be fully conversant with safety and permit to work procedures.
• He / She should be able to read, write and speak English and/or Malay.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Quality & HSE Requirement
• Foster a climate and culture where Quality / HSE issues are addressed effectively and speedily, as part of everyone’s normal function.
• Achieve and comply with the Quality / HSE Plan.
• Ensure compliance of Company policies / procedures.
• Responsible for all the safety of personnel.
• Maintenance and care of all quality equipment.
*salary is negotiable subject to years of experience and skills
**only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 22 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 600 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 01/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !