Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• The Safety Officer shall assist the rig management in ensuring that the health, safety and environmental work on the unit complies with the established Health Safety and Environment, HSE, policy and guidelines and that the work is in compliance with regulatory and client requirements.
• Supporting all departments and crew on board the rig to identify hazards and educate them in the Maersk Drilling Management System.
• Participate in daily Work Permit review, Safe Job Analysis, toolbox talk and conduct work permit audits.
• He/she should also support the safety culture on board the rig. responsibility to enhance the general HSE level in all departments as well as finding good solutions based on requirements from the authorities, client and Maersk management system.
• Expected to be in the working areas for more than 7 hours out of his/her 12 hour shift.
• Visible in the HSE work on the rig Promote and implement Maersk Drillings HSE policy.
• Promote Stop job directive Use the lesson learned database for experience transfer on all levels on the rig.
• Ensure that correct safety and occupational health procedures are followed in daily operations Lead/Participate in conducting accident investigations as necessary.
• Ensure correct use of personal protective equipment participate in the regular safety inspections onboard together with the management and safety organization
• Through inspections he/she shall see to it that the safety work is carried out in accordance with the established HSE policies as well as instructions and routines issued.
• Contribute to safety meetings, welcome on board meetings, planning meetings and other relevant meetings where HSE is part of the agenda.
• Give advice in connection with safety critical operations support the induction of new personnel
• If the buddy system is not in place, the Safety Officer will ensure that personnel are made familiar with the external part of the rig.
• The Safety Officer shall verify that personal injuries onboard the unit is recorded and reported.
• It is also incumbent on him/her to make certain that incidents leading to personal injuries are followed up and recorded with a view to the work of preventing such incidents and the necessary statistics use the system, Synergi®, in the preventive work.
• The Safety Officer shall support the safety training onboard and shall amongst others take part in the rescue unit, fire-fighting unit, emergency-preparedness exercises, fire teams, MOB teams and lifeboat captain training.
• Conduct daily work permit audits and quality reviews assist in ensuring that risk analyses, emergency-preparedness analyses, emergency-preparedness and contingency plans, muster cards and alarm instructions are updated and adhered to assist maintaining the system of planning, carrying out and following up exercises and training onboard the rigs.
• This includes seeing to it that exercise plans ensuring that the unit is equipped with appropriate located safety appliances, fire-fighting and safety equipment as required by the laws and regulations in force
• Assist in promoting safety awareness campaigns assist with the daily follow up of the Work Permit system including and assist in the administration of the system dedicated to monitor the process of source-separation of waste visible in the HSE work on the rig
• Fixed monthly salary
• Medical Insurance for hospitalization and surgery will be covered for yourself, legal spouse and children.
• Training activities are provided by Maersk Drilling.
Education Required: GCE ´´A´´ Level
Age: 18 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 060 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 30/01/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !