Position: Safety Officer / HSSE Officer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
• Conducts safety meetings, training and safety briefing/induction
• Enforces safety guidelines.
• Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
• Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
• Conducts and review job hazard analysis / risk assessment.
• Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
• Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
• Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
• Serves as the link between office, vessels (operation) and contractors / clients on safety matters.
• Conduct a safety investigation to determine root causes, what procedures may have gone wrong, and to gather the evidence necessary to identify the cause of the accident.
• In charge of inspecting vessel workplace condition to determine if hazards are present and to establish procedures and policies to overcome hazardous situations.
• Qualifications: Possess training such as NEBOSH, Incident Investigation or equivalent
• At least 2 years working experience similar position is an advantage
• Knowledgeable in workplace safety and health issues and safety standards, STCW code and MLC 2006 requirements, and any other safety related matters.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Capacity to manage priorities with strong organization skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle and work under pressure
• Excellent time management skills
• Proactive, take initiative and well organized.
• Abilities to multi-task and work independently
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 29/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !