Position: Scaffolding Basic II - Offshore
Total Vacancy: 10 Male
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• A scaffolder is an essential component in the construction or renewal of high-rise or industrial properties.
• A tradesman who helps erect a sturdy and secure scaffold is indirectly responsible for the safety of every person who treads on it once it has been passed as safe for use.
• Scaffolders put up and take down scaffolding that allows workers to reach the higher levels of buildings during construction, cleaning and renovation projects.
• Scaffolders plan, build and erect scaffolding and working platforms for construction projects, as well as building stands and tiered seating for public events such as concerts or sporting events.
• They inspect the area that requires scaffolding and make calculations to determine what kind of scaffolding is required, unload it, fit its tubing and braces together to form frameworks, and fix ladders, rails and other attachments to the scaffolding.
• They are also responsible for checking and maintaining scaffolding equipment, inspecting scaffolding structures for safety, and taking down scaffolding when the job is done.
• Scaffolders work all over the state, assisting and enabling the construction of everything from tables and chairs to skyscrapers.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Unloads scaffolding equipment.
• Sets up base plates and scaffolding poles.
• Fixes the scaffolding to the structure to make it stable as per goidance and instructor from Advance Scaffolder. Scaffolder.
• Lays planks (walkways) along the scaffolding.
• Fixes guard rails and safety netting.
• Takes down the scaffolding at the end of the job.
• Basic II Scaffolder worked mainly as assistance to Advance Scaffolder where they are only allowed to work on work on a maximum height of 6 meter scaffold and below.
• Erecting all scaffolding as instructed for its intended use.
• Fitting steel tubes and support braces together to form the scaffolding framework
• Fasten ladders and guard rails to scaffolding, including toe boards.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 200 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 19/03/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !