Position: Scaffolding Safety Supervisor
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
- Engineering background and Bachelor’s degree is preferred and NEBOSH qualification or equivalent recognized qualifications in OSH.
- Advanced English skills required (written / verbal).
- Advanced skills in writing reports, correspondences and statistics preparation.
- Scaffold design and assembling specialist.
- High sense of teamwork and coordination of work groups.
- High knowledge and experience in the use of Multidirectional, Ring-Lock, Tube and clamp scaffold systems.
- Reading of technical drawings for the interpretation of graphic documentation of auxiliary construction elements.
- Knowledge in the common materials used for the assembly of scaffolding systems, made of wood or metal. Platforms and support structures. Types of joints for modular wooden or metal parts. Characteristics and use according to the size of the work space.
- The OSH Scaffold Supervisor is responsible to ensure the control, assembling and dismantling of scaffolding structures.
- Executed according to the specifications of the respective scaffold system, safety regulations, quality and project requirements.
- Implementation and control of records, inspections and evaluation management system tools to manage all scaffold structures on the project.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of subcontractors’ scaffold supervisors.
- Implementation of general scaffold log.
- Conduct training for general workers about safety while working on scaffolds.
- Ensure that the safe practices for assembling and dismantling scaffold structures are implemented and followed.
- Assist the site OSH Management with development of safety campaigns and initiatives.
- Ensure and enhance the implementation of inspection and tagging scaffold system.
- Safety and hygiene in the assembly and dismantling of scaffold structures. Valid normative. Comprehensive organization of work with safety and health criteria.
- Control, inspect, evaluate and record the tasks involved with assembling and dismantling of scaffold structures.
- Ensure that the subcontractors implement the management system procedures to ensure the safe standard in the assembling and dismantling activities of scaffold structures.
- Ensure and supervise the correct implementation of inspection and tagging system for scaffold structures.
- Elaborate and conduct training courses for assembling and dismantling scaffolding safe practices.
- Elaborate and conduct training courses for working on scaffolding platforms.
- Ensure that all material used for the assembling of scaffold structures on site is in good condition. The substandard condition material must be discarded.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 28 - 58 years old
Driving License Class: 1--3--7
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 08/12/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !