o giving advice on which combination of fabrics and patterns may give the best results
o discussing the client´s requirements
o showing the client fabric samples and pattern books
o taking measurements
o adapting an existing pattern, or producing a new pattern for the client
o tacking the fabric pieces together for a fitting
o fitting the garment and making adjustments to create a perfect fit.
o working out the cost of the work, taking into account the fabric, trimmings and time needed
o using the pattern to cut out the fabric pieces
SEAMSTRESS/DRESSMAKER JOB DESCRIPTION
Seamstress/Dressmakers are required to create made-to-measure clothing such as dresses, skirts, trousers, blouses, etc for customers.
Seamstress/Dressmakers would need to check designs and fit before cutting fabric.
Seamstress/Dressmakers would use a machine for most of the sewing, but finish detailed work such as beading or embroidery wold be accomplished by hand.
Seamstress/Dressmakers are required to offer clothing alteration and repair services.
Seamstress/Dressmakers will need to be able to imagine how a dress will look from the pattern design.
Seamstress/Dressmakers are required to possess good communication skills to deal with customers in a polite and tactful way.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Must have cutting experience
• Working knowledge of fabrics, linings, etc.
• Able to identify fabric problems
• Must have solid interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a multitasking work environment and prioritise work load
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and interact positively with others
• Skills to communicate clearly
• Ability to create an environment conducive to teamwork
• Customer Solutions Approach
• Must hold self and others accountable
• Strong listening skills
• Capable of welcoming constructive criticism
Remuneration is based on a minimum commission computation
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !