Position: Senior Accounts Assistant
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Working within a team in a role that is varied and demanding .
• There will be dealings with all levels of staff so excellent communication skills are essential .
• This role will also cover all of the duties of the equivalent post dealing with client account, including processing bills.
The Role Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Be able to reconcile the firm’s customer accounts, monitor the accounts though out the day, resolve any statement queries and post items onto the ledgers on a daily basis and in a timely ma
• Assist with recording and paying invoices. Reconcile invoices with their statements.
• Act as first point of contact for staff on day to day queries and liaise with Accounts Manager when appropriate
• Assist with recording, reconciling and paying claims.
• Record rechargeable invoices to the customers’ ledgers.
• Assist in the checking and posting of month end bills and writing off non billable time.
• Monitor the accounts emails and deal with queries.
• Maintain pre-prepayment schedule, adjusting the entries and correcting any invoices posted to incorrect nominal.
• Preparing the monthly balance sheet reconciliation.
• Assisting with ad hoc finance/accounts projects and duties.
• Assist the Accounts Manager with Supervisory duties as required.
• Provide cover for other day to day accounting functions when a member of the Team is out of the office and step up when the Finance Manager is out of the office.
Reports to: Accounts Manager
Person Specification -experience and attributes required:
• Must have at least 3 years previous experience in an accounts department performing similar tasks to those described above.
• Ideally would be ACCA or CAT qualified or part-qualified desirable.
• Must understand double entry book-keeping for general recording of financial transactions and in order to deal with any accounting corrections arising from daily book-keeping.
• Must be numerate, and with an intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft packages Word, Excel and Outlook and with very good English verbal and communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail when recording financial transactions is essential as is the ability to record all financial transactions in a timely ma
er and keep the records up to date.
• Must have excellent organisational skills, the ability to complete tasks to deadlines and to work outside of normal office hours at month end billing periods.
• Ability to prioritise, juggle tasks and use initiative during demanding periods to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and paid in a timely ma
• Ability to work autonomously and to work and co-operate as part of a team, with a positive “can do” attitude.
• Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm.
• The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time.
• Local Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
• Preference will be given to those who can begin work immediately.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 22 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 11/05/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !