Position: Senior Engineer – Transmission & Distribution Operations
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
BPC are currently looking for a Senior Engineer with experience of managing all aspects of utility Transmission and Distribution systems.
1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of _10 years relevant experience working within a Transmission and Distribution System.
In addition, the candidate must be a registered Professional Engineer with a recognized Engineering Body.
2. Must have thorough knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• Managing the maintenance of HV, MV and LV plant and apparatus as well as assessing equipment condition with respect to maintenance and operational issues.
• Scheduling maintenance of Transmission and Distribution assets through a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
• Previous Authorisation to carry out HV and MV switching
• Preparing Standard Operating Procedures, Method Statements and Risk Assessments for activities and maintenance works carried out on Transmission and Distribution assets.
• Pre-commissioning, testing and commissioning of new and repaired plant and apparatus.
• Managing and supervising of contractors. Managing stock levels of spare components for the Transmission and Distribution assets.
• Preparing Management Reports and Operational Metrics as required.
3. Thorough knowledge of Protection schemes as they apply to Transmission and Distribution networks.
4. Thorough knowledge of System Operating Regulations and Safety Rules as would apply within a Transmission and Distribution network.
5. Mentoring and training of subordinate staff.
6. Excellent verbal and written skills in English language.
7. Be self-motived, able to work in a team.
8. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are to submit a full curriculum vitae stating qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary and contact details.
Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for an interview.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 35 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 8, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 15/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !