Position: Senior PACO Engineer
Total Vacancy: 2 Male/Female
Hold a recognised degree in measurement and control or equivalent and have minimum 10 years of design instrumentation and control engineering practical experience in the offshore and onshore oil & gas industry in the areas of design, construction, testing, commissioning or maintenance (petrochemical industry experience is not considered)
Have 7 years’ experience in the upstream oil and gas facility design and preferably two (2) years in a leading/ coordination role in multi-discipline team.
Have a working knowledge of the relevant International Standards and Codes of Practice normally used in the Oil and Gas Industry.
It is strongly preferred that the incumbent be familiar and has worked with Shell International Design Engineering Procedures (DEP’s).
Have sound appreciation of:
• Environmental aspects (ISO14001) of oil and gas design. Safety aspects of design in relation to the project cycle; e. g. HAZID, HAZOP, HAZAN, IPF classification methodology and implementation, reliability studies, Fire & Gas mapping and risk analysis techniques.
• Quality Assurance and Control requirements of the design process
Have a comprehensive skill and knowledge of: -
• Control and safeguarding philosophies and specifications
• Design and installation of foundation fieldbus systems.
• Process control and measurement principles.
• Design and installation of pneumatic and electronic instrumented protective systems.
• Design and installation of pneumatic and electrical control and/or monitoring systems including DCS, PAS and SCADA systems.
• Design and installation of fire and gas detection and protective systems.
• Design and installation of metering and monitoring.
• Design and installation of QMI system.
• Design and installation of instrument air and electrical distribution systems.
• Design and installation of rotating equipment such as compressor/ generator systems.
• Design and installation of process control valves and shutdown valves.
• Requirements for selection and installation of electrical instruments in hazardous areas.
• Calibration and testing of equipment and systems. Installation standards and codes of practice.
• IPF classification methodology and implementation. INtools knowledge and has at least two (2) years as an Intools active user.
• Instrument design software tools such as flow and valve sizing calculations.
• Pneumatic, Hydraulic and electrical consumption calculations.
Have a sound appreciation of:
• Oil and gas process design.
• Life cycle Cost analysis.
• Material selection for different process and environmental conditions.
• Ergonomics study and requirements.
• Industrial process control security and data communication
• Carried out IPF probability of failure on demand calculations.
• New technology.
• Hazardous area classification drawings development
• Lightning protection and EMC zoning.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 5, 400 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 12/09/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !