Position: Senior Technical Safety Engineer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental discipline or equivalent.
• Compliance to IChemE Professional Process Safety Engineer or equivalent.
• Over 8 years of proven experience.
• Membership to a recognized institution like IChemE, IMechE, MIE Aust, IPENZ, IEM.
• Approved HAZOP and HEMP Studies Leader by a recognized institution.
• Competent in Risk Modeling Studies such as QRA, FERA, etc.
1) Execute all activities and work in Compliance with PETROKON Quality Management System and HSE Management System.
2) Manage expectations with clients and other discipline’s engineers while executing the assigned project deliverables.
3) Provide competent and efficient engineering and design services in accordance with Company’s and Client’s requirements by taking into account the safety aspects of design in relationship to project cycle, e. g. HEMP requirements, risk analysis and life cycle cost.
4) Provide technical assurance as an approved Technical Authority in Technical Safety covering HEMP requirements, RAM, ALARP study, Bow Tie, Loss Prevention, COMAH, EIA etc for the Oil and Gas Industry Upstream and Downstream.
5) Facilitate and Lead in HAZOP/HAZID and HEMP (Hazards and Effects Management) studies/workshop such as Firepran, Bow tie, HAZID, SIL classification, QRA and ALARP study as an approved leader.
6) Preparation and review of deliverables related to Technical Safety.
7) Preparation and review of the HAC (Hazardous Area Classification) drawings.
8) Review the simulations using approved software, analyse and utilise the findings.
9) Participate in loss prevention and fire protection studies, early risk assessment studies, fire and gas detection layout preparation and preparation of the passive fire protection packages.
10) Review the emergency escape diagram, layout safety aspects and the plot plans in line with the Client and International standards as applicable.
11) Conduct and/or Lead applicable Technical Safety and Environmental studies as required by Client.
12) Coordinate and approve safety engineering work with approved subcontractors and specialists for QRA studies, building the Design HSE case, Major Accident Hazards (MAH), COMAH etc.
13) Ensure compliance to Shell DEM-1 and DEM-2 for Shell projects.
14) Identify and provide Input to Safety Critical Elements (SCE) and their performance standards.
15) Incorporate Environmental aspects of (ISO14001) of oil and gas design.
16) Adept in Software knowledge such as THESIS, SAFETI based QRA modelling or similiar software.
17) Coaching and mentoring of Engineers and Junior Engineers.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 38 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 6, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 18/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !