Position: Service Manager
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Main Purpose of Job:
• Run an efficient and profitable service business unit through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records.
• Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
• Trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
• Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
• Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
• Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
• Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
• Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
• Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
• Monitors technicians´ daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
• Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
• Initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
• Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
• Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks.
• Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
• Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
• Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
• Required to perform other duties as requested, directed, and assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in an automotive service management or assistant service management role.
- Possess technical qualifications in vehicle repair and also in other related fields.
- Able to use various diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of body shop operation is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Possess own transport with a valid driving license.
Education Required: Ordinary National Diploma
Age: 25 - 55 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 12/04/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !