Position: Supermarket Assistant Manager
Total Vacancy: 2 Male
• We are looking for a responsible Assistant Manager to help organize and run our retail stores and fill in for the Store Manager when needed.
• Your job will be highly important in ensuring the sales team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• Assistant Manager responsibilities include hiring and training sales associates, monitoring inventory and ordering merchandise based on demand.
• You will also research competitive products and analyze consumer behavior to ensure our store meets and exceeds client expectations.
• Our ideal candidate will have retail manager skills with a sharp business mindset.
• You should also be skilled at organizing and solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a liaison between managers, employees and customers.
• Ultimately, the duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure our stores operate effectively, and that we keep our customers happy.
• Assist the Retail Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
• Coordinate daily customer service operations (e. g. sales processes, orders and payments)
• Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
• Monitor and maintain store inventory
• Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
• Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
• Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates
• Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources
• Suggest sales training programs and techniques
• Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
• Analyze consumer behavior and adjust product positioning
• Handle complaints from customers
• Research emerging products and use information to update the store’s merchandise
• Create reports, analyze and interpret retail data, like revenues, expenses and competition
• Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is functionable and presentable
• Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
• Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
• Proven 5-8 years experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or similar position
• Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
• Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
• Good math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
• Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
• Leadership and organizational abilities
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem-solving attitude
• Flexibility to work in shifts
• BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field;
• MSc/MA is a plus
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 25 - 30 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 850 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 11/07/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !