Position: Supervisor for Building and Civil Works
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• To implement, monitor as well as conduct needed building repair works not limited to the following:
i. Masonry and concreting works
ii. Brickworks and blockworks
iii. Plastering and tiling works
v. Carpentry and Ironmongery
vii. Steel and Ironworks
• To conduct regular inspection of the facility highlighting potential problems and suggesting solutions to ensure that it is in tip top condition.
• Ensures logging and recording of concerns encountered. Provide report when necessary.
• Maintains assigned tools and personal protective equipment.
• Participates in preparation of operating and safe work procedures.
• Supervise contractors in completing assigned works as directed by Line Manager/ Engineer. Ensure uninterrupted water and power supply.
• Monitor water and electrical consumption and come up with applicable conservation initiatives.
• Conduct material and tool inventory. Highlight items to be purchased with attention to budgetary constraints.
• Reports directly to Facilities Engineer to discuss maintenance plans, issues and status of ongoing works.
• Supervisor may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
• Supervisor work hour is from 7. 00 am – 4. 00 pm, Monday to Saturday with occasional overtime to meet the ISB’s operational requirement so a flexible approach to work will be required to ensure that all duties are covered.
• Supervisor may be required to respond to urgent requests at short notice.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
• Supervisor must have a high school diploma or GED or any related technical course.
• With at least 10-year of extensive experience in maintenance and/or construction field.
• Knowledgeable in interpreting technical drawings.
• With good organizational skill and competent enough to guide subordinates to get the job done.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 30 - 45 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 05/10/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !