- Technical diploma or equivalent in Mechanical and Electrical
- minimum 3 year´s experience in similar capacity
• Assist the Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Engineer and Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Team Leader& Technician in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on building services covering platform screen doors system, station automated doors, building automated doors, retail shutter doors, Depot shutter doors, portable electrical equipment, fire detection/suppression (FPS), tunnel ventilation, heat exchanger ventilation & air-conditioning, domestic water supply & sewage pump system, lighting system, uninterrupted power supplies& batteries, lifts, escalator, travelators; Some of these systems are installed along trackside, whilst others can be found in stations and still some others in depots, ITPS & MPS, car park buildings.
• Assist in diagnosing the cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment, replace faulty equipment and handover/taken back to the electro-mechanical workshop for repair;
• Ensure the maintenance tools & equipment are in good condition both before and after job activities and are documented in specified checklist as per departmental policies;
• Assist in carrying out functional test, troubleshoot, and assemble/disassemble tests as required, repair and replace defective parts in motors, platform screen doors, relays, switches, panel boxes, remote control equipment, gear boxes and other electrical and mechanical assemblies associated to platform screen doors, tunnel ventilation system, environmental control systems, fire fight system, LV power control system and emergency power supply system, lifts and escalators;
• Follow the relevant procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with Serco Dubai Metro requirements;
• Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of works, including to meet tight maintenance schedules;
• Assist in maintaining accurate maintenance records of building services and Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services system and equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system;
• Assist the Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Engineer and/or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects;
• To act as part of first response MEPS team in emergency situation and critical fault handling.
• Perform shift and emergency duties when required;
• Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Team Leader and other senior Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Services Maintenance staff.
• Suggested new ideas for improvement of various MEPS Services for the improvement of life span and maintenance. Website:
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !