Position: Tower Crane Operator
Total Vacancy: 2 Male
• Load and unload bundles from trucks, and move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
• Move levers, depress foot pedals, and turn dials to operate cranes, cherry pickers, electromagnets, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, and placing loads.
• Review daily work and delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, and special loading instructions.
• Weigh bundles, using floor scales, and record weights for company records.
• Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, and grappling devices, making repairs as necessary.
• Direct truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays, and cover, uncover, and secure loads for delivery.
• Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms and lifting accessories in order to prevent malfunctions and damage.
• Inspect bundle packaging for conformance to regulations and customer requirements, and remove and batch packaging tickets.
• Inspect cables and grappling devices for wear, and install or replace cables as needed.
• Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities in order to prevent overload.
• Direct helpers engaged in placing blocking and outrigging under cranes.
Education Required: Ordinary National Certificate
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 25 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 21/12/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !