Position: Trainee Electrical Technician
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Undertake classroom and field-based training, development and assessment in accordance with the Company’s internal training curriculum in order to competently perform the following Electrical technician’s duties upon successful completion of the training period:
• Carry out the assigned duties in accordance with the requirements of the Safety Rules & System Operating Regulations, Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) and the Standard Operating Procedures (S. O. P. ’s) as applicable.
• Remain updated with respect to any revisions, which are made from time to time to both the Safety Rules & System Operating Regulations and the Standard Operating Procedures (S. O. P. ’s) as applicable.
• Carry out maintenance on all HV/MV/LV Plant and associated equipment as specified and directed by the Senior Engineer: Transmission & Distribution Operations.
• Carry out the duties of a ‘Competent Person’ observing, testing & earthing of mains & apparatus as specified under Annexure 4 of the Safety Rules & System Operating Regulations.
• Accurate & timeous completion of all documentation associated with maintenance work.
• Witnessing of testing as required.
• Issuing of ‘non-employee permits’ & the supervision of contractors as required.
• Provide 24-hour standby cover on a roster basis, to respond to power system disturbances, alarms & general complaints.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
Successful candidates will undertake training and development in accordance with BPC’s internal training curriculum. Upon the successful completion of training, candidates will be eligible for appointment to substantive posts within BPC in their respective fields.
- We offer a competitive salary package commensurate with qualification and level of experience.
- Applicants should include their CV’s and copies of their HND/Diplomas/Certificates in their profile.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 20 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 800 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 06/03/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !