Position: Trainee Power Plant Shift Operator
Total Vacancy: 16 Male/Female
Undertake classroom and field-based training, development and assessment in accordance with the Company’s internal training curriculum in order to competently perform the following Shift Operator’s duties upon successful completion of the training period:
• Carry out the assigned duties in accordance with the requirements of the Safety Rules & System Operating Regulations, Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) and the Standard Operating Procedures (S. O. P. ’s) as applicable.
• Remain updated with respect to any revisions, which may be made from time to time, to both the Safety Rules & System Operating Regulations and the Standard Operating Procedures (S. O. P. ’s) as applicable.
• Carry out routine operation and monitoring of generation plant and associated equipment as required.
• Take necessary corrective action in response to plant alarms and abnormal conditions.
• Maintain generation plant log readings.
• Monitor new installations, modifications, and upgrades to electrical generation plant and equipment and report any concerns or non-compliances to the Senior Engineer or his delegated nominee.
• Accurate & timely completion of all documentation associated with generation work.
• Witnessing of testing / commissioning as required.
• Work rotational shift, and overtime for operation of generation plant equipment as required.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
Successful candidates will undertake training and development in accordance with BPC’s internal training curriculum. Upon the successful completion of training, candidates will be eligible for appointment to substantive posts within BPC in their respective fields.
We offer a competitive salary package commensurate with qualification and level of experience.
Applicants should include their CV’s and copies of their HND/Diplomas/Certificates in their profile.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 20 - 35 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 800 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 06/03/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !