Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Requirement / Responsibilities
• Assemble and install metal pipes and pipe fittings for stainless and carbon steel projects.
• Use clamps, brackets and hangers to secure pipe to structures.
• Remove slag and rough sport from work pieces by operating grinders or scrapers to ensure smooth work surface.
• Employ their knowledge of metallurgy to determine to determine materials and equipment most suitable for a welding project.
• Clean and prepare work pieces using chemical solutions etc. to remove foreign matter such as grease, rust etc.
• Use heating furnaces to preheat metal pipes prior to welding or bending.
• Cut and shape metal components to set specifications using power saws, shipping knives or other hand tools.
• Fill holes, cracks and dents on metal work pieces or pieces or pipe products.
• Use micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments to check gap allowances, grooves or angles.
• Assemble metal and non-metal pipes fitting using threading machine.
• Study schematics, diagram and blueprints in order to determine the layout of pipes
• Measure and fabricate pipe routings to match existing in-line piping systems.
• Control and valves or regulators to adjust flames and ensure proper use of welding gas
• Wear appropriate protective gear and ensure compliance with established health/ safety regulation.
• Troubleshoot a piping system and conduct diagnosis to identify and fix pipe problem.
• Possess a certification from an authorized/acknowledged Institution.
• Problem-solving skill: pipe welders are given to conducting tests to identify and fix problem in a piping system.
• Technical skill: pipe welder are able to operate hi-tech welding equipment and tools in carrying out welding operations.
• Communication skill: pipe welder are able to comprehend safety rules, equipment instructions as well as producing details report of work activities.
Education Required: National Vocational Certificate (NVC) or equivalent (NTC)
Age: 25 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 800 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 20/07/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !