Position: Western Cook
Total Vacancy: 3 Male/Female
• Must have background/qualifications in Food & Beverage.
• Possess cooking experience/skills of 2 to 4 years.
Purpose of Position
• Preparing basic and servicing all food items according to the production standards established by Head chef.
• Western Cook is responsible for the daily mise-en-place and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities.
• Full knowledge of the Statutory Regulations contained in the Health & Safety at Work Act.
• Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
• Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place.
• Detailed knowledge of seasoning and recipes.
• Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, roasting and steaming.
• Maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Relaxed personality with excellent communication skills.
• Eager to learn new recipes and cooking techniques.
• All kitchen staffs are responsible for their own production and refill at the buffet counter.
• Vegetables and meats are to prepare according to recipe require and control on portion size.
• Responsible for ala carte’s order and misen-plus preparation.
• To prepare promotion items daily as required, to check and prepare food items for banqueting.
• Clean and maintain work areas, equipments and utensils at every usage.
• Prepare misen-plus of buchering items for functions and daily consumptions.
• Work very closely with steward who keep the kitchen clean and orderly.
• He insist upon meticulous cleanliness and orderliness such as refrigerators, exhaust hood, cooking range equipment and all stainless-steel item and utensils.
• Performs the duties common to all rank-and-file and none-supervisory personnel and other duties as may be assigned.
• Aware all the safety rules and food hygiene and performs it safely at the work place and always maintain of the food hygiene in high standard quality.
Key Competencies & Skills
• Food preparation
• Attention to detail
• Target driven
• Attends all company trainings as required.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
• To minimize food wastage and spoilage.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 500 / Month
Allowances: B$ 50
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 02/03/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !