Position: Workshop Storekeeper cum Logistics Helper
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• This is a short-term contract position.
• This personnel will perform 2 roles: Primary role as workshop storekeeper and secondary role as logistics helper.
• These roles will be decided and assigned by line supervisor.
- Arrange and organize stocks in accordance to old stocks, new stocks, stock type, stock category for all automotive and hydraulic spare parts;
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate the handling of freight, and the movement of equipment. Logistics Helper
- Be the driver’s signalman at all times by safely guiding the driver to avoid all blind-spots, tight-spaces and/or difficult to maneuver spots. This is especially important during reversing, entering or exiting busy junctions, making any turns in tight spaces and etc. ;
- Identify any constraints, existing and potential hazards (e. g. obstructions, blind spots, sharp objects, and etc. ) and then report these matters immediately to your supervisor for urgent rectification;
- Provide manual handling and housekeeping assistance;
- Provide clerical assistance to the driver (e. g. register, collect, and return security passes, collect disposal receipts and etc. )
- Execute tasks, perform and obey directions from company or client’s representative within the framework of company’s organization with a satisfactory level of performance.
- Assist Client’s Representative in the execution of the work and advise Company and/or Client’s Representative of any difficulties.
- Comply with all Company’s and/or Clients’ rules and regulations including but not limited to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies, standards, requirements and attending meetings
- Attend Daily Toolbox Meeting and all other Pre-job briefings conducted by Company/Client’s Representatives
- Able to accept work assignments that may involve long working hour shifts and is willing to work under short notice during non-working hours, Sundays and public holidays.
Minimum requirements and expectations for job candidates:
- Have good verbal communication in English, Malay and Mandarin—the applicant will need to have conversational level proficiency in mandarin with hardware suppliers and customers
- Have moderate proficiency in written English and Malay;
- The applicant must demonstrate good knowledge of automative spare parts, hydraulic hoses and fittinigs, and general workshop hardware;
- The applicant must demonstrate good mathematics and units conversation (imperial vs metric);
- Demonstrate professional courtesy with colleagues and customers;
- Be professional and have strong work ethic;
- Comply with company’s rules and regulations;
- Able to manage and handle work pressure and stress well;
- Complete all job tasks safely, orderly, and on time;
- Be willing to accept and learn from workplace constructive criticism with co-workers.
- Have proper etiquettes such as housekeeping, cleaning, refuelling, and re-greasing vehicles or equipment after use.
- Can work in teams or independently with minimum supervision.
- Possess own transportation with valid JPD license class 3;
- Have own accommodation in Kuala Belait or Seria;
In addition to fulfilling the minimum requirements, we will like to indicate our preference for candidates with the following skillsets:
- Carefully maintains well-organized and complete records;
- Willing to work in harsh working environment (i. e. hot and wet weather conditions) and unpleasant work environment (e. g. landfill);
- Can demonstrate safe work intervention;
- Willing to learn and adapt into new roles if assigned;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility and reliability;
1) All interested and qualified candidates shall register their interest in job centre portal; and
2) Submit one (1) personal statement to describe their current work experience and justify why they are the suitable candidate to jobs@go-liftco. com
3) In the email subject please write: Application for Workshop Storekeeper cum Logistics Helper and please provide your full name so that we can identify your registration in the job centre portal.
• Please ensure that you fully comply with the instructions described in the application procedure and please take note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interview.
Education Required: National Diploma
Age: 22 - 27 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 18 / Day
Employment Type: Part Time/Full Time
Closing date: 10/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !